Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Birchbox April 2012

April's Birchbox contents are all natural based products. My box is a little different from what Ive been seeing, a lot of people received laundry detergent samples, that I did not get instead, I got a fun all in one product and tea..

 Be fine skincare sampler: 2 large packets of the gentle cleanser and 3 large packets of the Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15. Both contain rice protein to boost moisturizing benefits.
Full size bottles are $24USD each

                                             (left to right)
Atelier Cologne- Full size $55-$150 USD. This stuff has a scent of Blood Orange, Jasmine and Sandlewood. I can actually smell all 3 notes of this perfume,weird! It is a strong scent so it isn't for everyone. I cant figure out if I like it or not :/

Olle Biologique,004 Huile Moderne- An all over body and hair oil with a blend of 5 organic essential oils. Aragon, Rosehip and Bergamot,Neroli and Frankincense oils. It comes in a spray bottle and I spritzed it on my arm and rubbed it in, it absorbed super fast and does not feel oily or greasy. I'm not fond of the smell though. I also feel its a little thick to be spraying in my hair but ill try it one day when I'm not doing anything just in case it makes it nasty.


                                                  (left to right)
                         Le Palais des Thes- 2 bags of French made tea.
The du Hammam is a green tea mixed with green date pulp, orange blossom, rose and berries. (seems interesting)
The des Alizes is another green tea mixed with white peach,kiwi and watermelon and enlivened by flower petals. (whatever that means? peach,kiwi and watermelon sound yummy though.)


 Revolution Organics, Freedom Glow Beauty Balm in Blushed- When I read Beauty Balm I was thinking "yes, another BB cream to try!" Well its not a BB cream, Its pink...so I read a little further down the packaging and it is actually an all over color with a creamy balmy consistency. It is made with 85% organic ingredients. It has no parabens or mineral oils and it is not tested on animals.
I tried it out on my cheeks and lips. It is a super pigmented fuchsia pink shade and makes a wonderful lip tint. It might be a little too thick and creamy for me to use as a blush since my skin is on the oily side. Would be great for dry skin gals because it does have great moisturizing properties  and  it gives a healthy looking glow.
Freedom Glow Beauty Balm in Blushed swatched and blended onto my arm. I also noticed that tapping this product onto the skin works better than rubbing it in. The color stays put while tapping and almost disappears while rubbing it in.  

WHAT WAS IN YOUR APRIL BIRCHBOX?

7 comments:

  1. The revolution product looks really cool I was confused for a minute too I was thinking okay bb cream but why is it pink? lol Thats interesting tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I didnt even notice the pink sticker on the top. I just ripped it out of the package after I read BB cream, opened it up and did one of those dog head tilt things like "huh? Its pink" once I looked at the product. Bahahahaha 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got a great box! I love that beauty balm stuff...funny its totally different from you would think it is but a nice surprise. The color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was excited about this one. My last few have been, eh.

      Delete
  4. Its neat to have a different box than usual that Beauty Balm looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I is pretty. Im going to wwear it to work soon and see if itll last on my face.

      Delete
  5. I wish I got that BB cream! That is so pretty. I made a post about my box. It was sort of "eh" but I was still excited to use all of the products. Good post!

    Frances
    hellofrances.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete