Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May Myglam bag

I have been on the fence about subscribing to the Myglam bag. I have heard horrible stories about the customer service and delayed or not shipped out bags, but I wanted to see for myself so I subscribed to the $10 dollar a month service. I received my bag before the estimated delivery date and nothing was damaged in shipping. So pin a rose on my nose huh?! haha
Now before I get into the actual products of the bag I just want to say a thing or two I did not like after opening the little pink bubble envelope,
1. The card that tells you what products are inside the bag does not have prices on the card nor does it have any website information to purchase the products from or coupons or anything.

2. The actual makeup bag is a little janky (is that a real word? Owell haha) Its made of cute sky blue satin type material with stamped on pink lips but it seems very thin which makes me think it will break easily. :(
OK enough bitching, here is whats in my first Myglam bag.
Miss Beauty Nail Bling
Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick
Myglam Concealer and eyeliner brush
Philosophy Love Sweet Love Spray Fragrance- Its not in a spray bottle though, though that was a little funny. It does smell good, kind of fruity :)

 Miss Beauty Nail Bling- These nail stickers look cute. I feel like they are great for a younger age group but I don't care Ill try them out.

 (Full Size) Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick in color Smile. It is said to plump and hydrate the lips. After looking online the price of this lipstick is $15USD which pays for the price of the bag + some. I like this color, it is a darker copper that has a hint of gold flecks, as for the finish, Im not really sure. It doesn't say on the package and I suck at guessing lipstick finishes maybe a pearl/satin mix?  The packaging is plastic with a rubber overlay which I think is nice. Ive seen studio gear products at Ulta but have never purchased any.
The Myglam brushes are eh. They aren't anything special.The one on the left, I'm guessing, is the concealer brush, I think it is a bit small to conceal anything other than a baby zit and the one on the right, the eyeliner brush,could be good for smudging shadow onto your lids or under the eyes as liner but I'm not sure if it would be good for gel liner or not. I need to test these out. These brushes were the last ones in the Myglam brush set so I'm interested in what they are going to put in the bags next month. From past reviews Ive read,more people are not in favor of the brushes to the ones that are in favor. Maybe that is why they are not continuing with them.


This bag was just OK, I'm happy with it enough to keep my subscription for another month.

HOW DID YOU LIKE YOUR MYGLAM BAG?

xoxo


2 comments:

  1. Those nail decals are too cute! Seems like a really great deal for what you are paying! Love the lippie hue too!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    <a href="www.cakedvintage.com>Caked Vintage Blog</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happier with Myglam this month. Hopefully it continues to get better! I've nominated you on my blog for the versatile blogger award! Check it out :)

    Frances
    http://hellofrances.blogspot.com/2012/05/its-award-time.html

    ReplyDelete