Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Arbonne FC5 Mattifying Powder

This is my very first Arbonne purchase and I am loving it. The only thing about getting ahold of these products is that you have to purchase them through a beauty consultant. No going to the closest department store for this stuff. Lucky for me, my boyfriends aunt sells it! Its pretty much like ordering products through Avon or Mary Kay only Arbonnes products are more environmentally friendly than the others. A little bit about Arbonne as stated on their website:

"At Arbonne, beauty begins with premium botanical ingredients, innovative scientific discovery, and an unwavering commitment to pure, safe and beneficial products. Arbonne creates personal care and wellness products that preserve and enhance the skin, body and mind for an integrative approach to beauty. Working closely with scientists around the world and our Arbonne Institute of Research and Development (AIRD®) facility in Switzerland, we continually explore and develop scientifically advanced, botanically based proprietary formulas that meet our exacting standards for quality, safety and sustainability."


I have been using this FC5 powder for about two months now and it is one of my favorite setting powders for use oily/combination skin girls.


When you open up the compact it comes with a powder puff just like most other powders.Im not really into the puffs so I usually just toss them or put them in one of my makeup drawers in case I need it for something. It has an attached mirror on the top part of the compact. Now when you look at the actual pressed powder, its a little different than your normal translucent setting powders because this one is...
Light green. Not only does this powder mattify your face wonderfully but it also takes away any redness you may have and blends seamlessly into the skin. No green cast at all. Another odd thing about this powder is that instead of applying it on top of your makeup you can also use it on your face before you put your moisturizer on to help matte your face from the get go. So if your extremely oily you can have a layer under your makeup and a layer on top of your makeup for extra "matte-ness". Honestly, I forget to apply it on my face before I put on foundation but I have used this stuff alone on days that I do not feel like wearing makeup, but do not want to walk around looking like a grease ball.
This is a heavy swatch of the powder on my hand. Top portion is the powder swiped on from my finger to my hand and the bottom portion is it blended in.


  Even with the heavier swatch it blends into the skin very nicely. This powder feels smooth on the skin and practically lasts all day. I think I touched it up once. But mind you, I do live in a very humid climate so getting shiny happens fast around this place. Im sure if I put it on under my foundation I would not have needed to touch up.
This powder retails for $26USD and you can purchase it through your local Arbonne consultant or HERE.


HAVE YOU TRIED ARBONNE PRODUCTS? HOW DID YOU LIKE THEM?
                                             
                                       XOXO



3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds pretty interesting. I like setting powders that double to help correct redness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive never heard of it either until a few months ago. The company has a whole bunch of skincare lines, makeup and even vitamins and junk.

      Delete
  2. I love all of the Arbonne products! It doesn't get any better!!! www.catherinedeath.com

    ReplyDelete