Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dolly Head

About a week ago my awesome salon provided a styling class by the wonderful Jon Reyman. If you are not familiar with him check out his sight HERE . He has done numerous runway shows for designers like Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta , and Ralph Lauren , just to name a few so it was a pleasure to have him in our salon teaching us some tricks for up styling.
Now up dos are something that I am not fond of. I can do fun things to my own head but when it comes to doing a picky brides style, it gives me anxiety.  Jon showed all of us a few things that are pretty popular and tricks on how to do them. Here are a few photos I took of my dolly head I was playing with...

Waterfall braid

Braids have been a hot thing on women's heads for the past few years so we did 4 or 5 different braiding techniques and here are the 2 that can be the most wearable for everyday.


 
                                    Chingnon Hairstyle (pronounced shin-yon for those that do not know)
                      This Dolly head has really fine hair so this style isn't as voluminous as what it should be.


This hot mess turned into...


This :) A pretty little twist.




So what do you guys think? Not to bad for someone that never does up dos...right? I hope this will help me get over my anxiety issue soon.


1 comment:

  1. Hey chickie! Just letting you know I awarded you a blog award today. Check out the post on my blog for more info! http://www.adventuresinbeauty.com/2012/01/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete