Thursday, February 13, 2014

Smashbox Be Discovered palette




I was rummaging through my makeup not to long ago and I came across this cute little palette. I remember purchasing this sometime in 2013 on one of my many trips to Sephora. I had my eyes on it for quite some time but never picked it up until I saw it on sale for $10 USD. It was the last one so I had to snatch it up. The pastel colors in this palette could make a very pretty not over the top Valentines Day look. 



 Packaging: The shadows sit in a plastic pan which is encased in a cardboard material with a magnetic closure. It is honestly not that sturdy so, carrying it around with you might end up being a little messy as I see this opening up in your makeup bag and causing a big oops. 
Swatched top row (L-R) Bliss,Rosewater, Opal, Mist
Bliss- matte neutral beige/vanilla
Rosewater- shimmer pastel pink
Opal- white shimmer with a hint of pink
Mist- shimmer pale taupe 
Swatched bottom row from (L-R) Adobe, Champagne, Pebble, Lilac
Adobe- matte milk chocolate
Champagne- metallic peach/gold
Pebble- matte cool tone brown
Lilac- shimmer lilac





Final Thoughts: The swatch colors of this palette are very subtle but they can be easily packed on the eye for a more dramatic look. These shadows feel very silky and blend easy. They do have fall out but do not create that much of a mess due to how subtle the shades are.

Where to buy: This was a limited edition product and is no longer sold at Sephora or the Smashbox website however, I did find it on  Amazon for $37.50 USD




No comments:

Post a Comment