Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Naked Basics

I know it's crazy but this is my FIRST palette from the Urban Decay Naked line. I know. I know where have I been? I have no idea why I waited so long to buy a palette when every eyeshadow single I own from this brand is wonderful. I decided I would purchase the Naked Basics palette as I am more likely to use this on a daily basis and I though this would be a wonderful travel palette because of the small size. So, lets get onto it shall we...

The packaging is made from hard sturdy plastic with a rubber coating. Which is great because I tend to drop and break things a lot. I break so many shadow palettes by accidentally dropping them on the floor. If you must know, Yes, I have dropped this thing...3 times...an No, It has not broke. SCORE! :)  

This palette contains 5 matte shades and 1 shimmery shade. The matte formula is wonderful, it is super smooth and blends easily. The one shade in this palette that is not matte pairs with the matte shades very well as it is not overly shimmery, this shade...called Venus almost appears to be a satin finish.
This is a list of the colors as stated on the Urban Decay website  Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte), Foxy (cream bisque matte), Walk of Shame (very light nude matte), Naked2 (taupe matte), Faint (warm, dusty brown matte) and Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte). 
Final Thoughts: I love this palette! All 6 colors are buttery smooth, have excellent pigmentation and blend easily. If you love wearing neutrals then try this palette out. The small size makes it very easy to slip inside your purse makeup bag and the large mirror that it comes with is a plus. 
  My favorite way to wear these colors are with Naked 2 on the lid, Foxy as a transition color in the crease, Faint in the crease and sometimes Ill use Crave in the outer V or as a liner and depending on my mood I will use either W.O.S or Venus as a brow bone highlight. 

Where to buy: Urban Decay, Sephora and Ulta for $28 USD


What is your favorite way to use this palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment