Thursday, February 6, 2014

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick

I decided I needed a new everyday lipstick because the one that I had was running low so, off to MAC I went, in search of a new color. I think it took me maybe 5 minutes to find this lovely color and as soon as I swatched it on my hand I knew I had to have it! The color is called Morning Rose, a limited edition shade from the magnetic nude collection.  MAC describes this color as a "soft cool rose" (a cremesheen finish), to me it appears to be a rosy mauve with slight warm undertones and a subtle shimmer. Its a good mix between warm and cool and is the reason why I needed to get this color. I have nothing like it in my collection.
  


(photo taken in natural light)

                                 This lipstick applies easily and adheres to my lips well. Staying power is about 4 hours before I needed to reapply. It did not hydrate my lips but it did not dry them out either. If your lips are prone to dryness I would suggest using a lip balm before applying this lipstick.

Final thoughts: I am loving this lipstick! It is the perfect everyday color for me. It looks like my lips but better and goes well with every eye look I have tried with it. In the summer I feel like this lipstick is going to look great paired with bronze and coral looks.

Unfortunately, when I checked the MAC website for this lipstick, it was sold out. Hopefully a MAC counter or store near you will have this wonderful color. Priced at $16 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment