Thursday, January 17, 2013

Flower By Drew Barrymore, Lipstick First Impressions

The popular actress Drew Barrymore (almost everyone knows who she is) has come out with a full makeup line sold in Wal*Mart stores. Products range from nail polish to lip and eye products to concealers, foundations and even a BB cream! 
"You know her name, you know her style – and now you’ll know her beauty secrets, too. Drew Barrymore’s new premium – cosmetics line is exclusive to Walmart and is custom formulated with the same quality ingredients found in department store luxury brands, but sold for a fraction of the price."

Here is the full Flower product list: 
(category headers take you to that product types page)


  • Flower Kiss Stick High shine Lipcolors (9 shades) 
  • Flower Lip Service Lip Butter (9 shades)
  • Flower Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color (9 shades)
  • Flower Petite Fleurs Pocket Triplet Lip (4shades)
  • Flower Shine On Lipgloss (10 shades)
  • Flower Sheer Up Lip Tint (5 shades)
  • Flower Line & Shine Lip Liner (5 shades)
All Lip products retail for $6.98 with the exception of the Sheer Up Lip Tint which retails for $7.98

  • Flower Shadow play Eyeshadow Quad (4 shades) Retails $9.98
  • Flower Color Play Creme Eyeshadow (12 shades) Retails $7.98
  • Flower Petite Fleurs Pocket Triplet Eye Shadow (3 shades) Retails $6.98
  • Flower Lash Knockout Volumizing Waterproof Mascara (5 shades) Retails $6.98
  • Flower Extreme Measures Lengthening Mascara (5 shades) Retails $6.98
  • Flower Zoom-In Ultimate Waterproof Mascara (5 shades) Retails $7.98
  • Flower On Your Mark Liquid Eye Liner (2shades) Retails $6.98
  • lower Raise Some 'Brows Defining Brow Pencil (8 shades) Retails $5.98
FACE:
  • Flower Ready Set Glow! Blush/Bronzer Duo (4shades) Retails $9.98
  • Flower Win Some/Rouge Some Creme Blush (4 shades) Retails $7.98 
  • Flower Powder Trip Pressed Powder Foundation ( 8 shades) Retails $9.98
  • Flower Powder Up Loose Powder (3 shades) Retails $9.98
  • Flower About Face Foundation with Primer (14 shades) Retails $13.98
  • Flower Face the World Tinted Moisturizer (11 shades) Retails $10.98
  • Flower In Your Prime Perfecting Primer ( 1 shade) Retails $12.98
  • Flower Skincognito Stick Foundation (8 shades) Retails $8.98
  • Flower Beauty Balm BB Cream (4 shades) Retails $12.98
  • Flower Petite Fleurs Pocket Triplet Concealer (3 shades) Retails $6.98
  • Flower Secret Service Cover Up Concealer (4 shades) Retails $7.98
  • Flower Lighten Up! Brightening Concealer Click Pen ( 4 shades) Retails $7.98
  • Flower Nail'd It Nail Lacquer (14 shades) Retails $4.98


My Walmart did not have the full line of products. They had Lipbutter, Lipgloss Mascara and Nail Polish. I opted for a Lipbutter but did carry around a pretty orange polish but I put it back at the last minute. I'm not sure why.
 It looked like this...
Flower Nail'd It Nail Lacquer, NP9 Eye of Tiger Lily, 0.4 fl oz

No on to the Lip Butter I purchased, It is a beautiful rosy peach color called Sheer Snapdragon.






The formula of this lipbutter is very creamy. It gives alot of shine to your lips like a regular gloss but has better staying power. The color is build able but I found going over my lips twice was sufficient. It is more sheer than the Revlon Lipbutters but has more color payoff in one application than the Maybelline Color Whispers. I do get a warming sensation when wearing this product followed by itchiness. It is supposed to have a plumping effect and even though I didn't feel a tingle that warming sensation could have been the plumping ingredient in the product as for the itchy feeling, My guess is because of the scent.  
The only thing I cannot stand about this product is the smell! To me, it smells like straight honeysuckle. Bach!! I know the line is called Flower but I was not expecting it to smell SO floral.Some people might love it but I personally cannot stand extremely floral scents, it makes me feel itchy for some reason, hence why I felt itchy after I put it on. Maybe I'm allergic, who knows. It sucks too because I love the color but I don't think Ill be able to wear this lip butter. I hope the other products don't have this scent or I wont be able to test out anymore. I really want to try out the shadows, concealer and BB cream.



HAVE YOU TRIED DREW BARRYMORES FLOWER MAKEUP LINE? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

No comments:

Post a Comment