Wednesday, October 19, 2011

TOMS



  OK it has taken me awhile to jump on the Toms shoe train because the shoes looked to me like "old man shoes". They remind me of something my grandpa would wear around the house instead of slippers that I always thought were ugly.
  A few girls and one of the guys I work with talk about how comfortable they are and how Toms is a Charity organization so I decided to check out the website for the styles...If your not familiar with them here is a little info...

Toms is a company that started in 2006 after the owner took a trip to Argentina and saw that the children living there did not have shoes so, he decided to start a company that gave shoes to the children in need every time someone bought a pair of his shoes. Their companies One for One movement (Information from this paragraph  is from the Toms site, Click Toms to learn more and to purchase a pair.)

                                                        I bought these ones:      

                           

The blue glitters! They have that "old man look" but with a fun twist, and when your walking around in the sun, they BLING. They are not for everyone because they are flashy but glitter is my favorite thing so I HAD to get them. I found a few more patterns that I might purchase also.


The fit of the shoes are slightly snug almost to the point that you feel like there a half size to small, I bought the size I always wear in shoes, but as you break them in they stretch and become very comfortable.I have worn these to walk around shopping, to work and to school and the only thing that I have issues with are the heels. No rubbing or anything like that but I feel like I need more cushion on the bottom heel part. I must walk funny but other than that they are fine. No blisters, broken skin or smashed toes. I'm quite pleased with them and I am also glad I could help a needy child. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love love love Toms, and yours look fab. I have them in grey want them in navy but with everyone having that colour has put me off a lil.

    ReplyDelete